Secure Online Banking Login
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Have a question about Online Banking or need help?
Call us at 877-484-2372 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time on any business day.
- Email us We will respond to your email inquiry at our earliest convenience
Q: What types of accounts does CFSB offer?
Q: Can I open an account in the name of my trust or business?
- A: Colorado Federal Savings Bank currently offers online savings and CD accounts.
Q: How do I open a new account?
- A: No, we do not offer trust or business accounts.
Q: Can I open an account through the mail or in person?
- A: The first step to a new account at CFSB is to complete the online application.
The application process requires the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Drivers License/ID Information
- Mother's Maiden Name
- Physical Address
- Your Email Address
- Funding Account Information
- You will be asked to create a Login Name and Password during the application process.
- You will receive an email with important information once your application has been processed or if additional information is needed to complete your application.
- To open an online savings account click Here.
- To open an online CD click Here.
Q: Can I add a POD or beneficiary to my account?
- A: Colorado Federal Savings Bank is an online only bank. We only accept account applications through our secure website.
Q: How do I fund my new online account?
- A: We do not offer POD’s or beneficiaries.
Q: I set up my account, logged in and was restricted access. Why?
- A: All funds are transferred into your account by ACH electronic transfer. You will be asked for your funding account information during the application process. We do not accept checks or wire transfers.
- A: The safety and security of your personal information is important to Colorado Federal Savings Bank. Once you have applied for Online Banking access, we review your application to ensure your identity has been validated during the application process and to ensure your accounts are properly linked to your Online Banking profile. You will receive a series of status emails, which are sent to the email address you provided during the application process. Colorado Federal Savings Bank will notify you via email when access has been granted.
Username and Password Help
Q: What if I forget my password?
Q: What if my password has been disabled?
- A: To recover your password:
- Click on the Forgot Password? link on the www.coloradofederalbank.com home page
- Enter your Login Name.
- Enter your email address. The email address must match the address we have on file.
- Answer your Challenge Question. This is the Challenge Question you selected and answered when signing up for Online Banking (or subsequently changed).
- Your password will be emailed to the email address we have on file.
- Please call us at 877-484-2372 or Email us during normal business hours if you are unable to recover your password.
Q: What if I forget my username?
- A: For your protection, if you or someone trying to access your accounts enters an incorrect password three times, we disable your Online Banking access. Please contact us at 877-484-2372 during business hours to have your password reset and security enabled.
Q: How do I change my password?
- A: For your protection, we ask you to contact us to have your username reset. Please call our Online Banking support toll free at 877-484-2372 during business hours.
- A: To change your password, log into your account using your existing password. Once you are inside your account, go to the Account Services menu and select "Change Password", where you will be prompted to provide your old password and to type a new password. If you do not know your existing password, refer to the "What if I forget my password?" Q&A.
Security and Technology
Q: What can I do to safeguard my account information?
Q: Do I need any special hardware or software?
- A: Below are best practices for safeguarding your account:
- Do not leave your account information out in an open area or on your computer screen accessible by others.
- Do not send your Login Name or Password or privileged account information over any e-mail system.
- Do not leave your Computer unattended while you are connected to Online Banking.
- Do not enter your Login Name or Password into Online Banking when there are others nearby who could observe you doing so.
- We recommend that you log out of Online Banking and close your browser completely after each session and/or clear cache and history.
- We recommend that any computer you use to access Online Banking have spyware protection, virus protection and a personal firewall. Keeping your machine updated with the latest security patches is also good practice.
Q: What are the Browser Requirements?
- A: No special hardware or software is required to use Online Banking. All you need is a computer and access to the Internet. Our site is best viewed using the most current Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser.
To help ensure security, we recommend that any computer you use to access Online Banking have spyware protection, virus protection and a personal firewall. Moreover, keeping your machine updated with the latest security patches is also good practice.
Q: What is encryption?
- A: To help ensure security and proper functionality, you must use a browser that meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- 128-bit encryption
- We recommend Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher with the latest service packs to take full advantage of the system.
Q: Is my account safe from unauthorized access?
- A: Encryption is the process by which data or information is converted into private or secret code that cannot be deciphered. This ensures secure transmission by preventing any non-authorized party from reading or changing data. Information is decoded only when it reaches its destination.
- A: Online Banking resides on a secure server and Colorado Federal Savings Bank uses encryption technology to ensure the safety and integrity of your account. In addition, we have implemented an additional layer of protection for our customers called Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). MFA offers additional protection by requiring customers to provide a different combination of information for online access to accounts. In order to access any account via Online Banking, the user needs a login password. Therefore, we strongly advise that you do not write your password down or give it to anyone that is not on your account.
Online Protection - Security Questions Overview
Q: I was prompted to enter personal information the first few times I logged onto Online Banking. Why was I asked for this information?
Q: Will I be asked for more information?
- A: In order to make your online banking experience as secure as possible, we are requesting all customers complete a security feature that detects any uncharacteristic or unusual behavior involving your account. If anything out of the ordinary is detected, we will verify your identity.
As our customer, we know how you typically behave: what types of transactions you conduct, when and from where. If we detect any activity that does not seem like your typical behavior, we will prompt you to further verify your identity so that we can ensure it is you and not a fraudster attempting to comprise your account. This will only happen on rare occasions. Normally you will not be asked for any additional information.
For example, if someone tries to sign in with your login name and password from a computer in a foreign country shortly after you have logged off from your normal computer at home, we would verify that it is really you trying to access your account.
Q. What additional information will I be asked?
- A: You will only be prompted to enter additional information when a particular activity or transaction appears to be uncharacteristic of your typical behavior.
Q. How are you able to detect unusual or uncharacteristic behavior?
- A: If any unusual or uncharacteristic behavior is detected you will be asked to answer several of the security questions you chose when you set up your online account. This will most likely be a very rare occurrence.
Q. How do I know it is working?
- A: The security system takes into account factors such as the type of transactions you ordinarily perform, the computers you typically use to access your accounts, or the typical security settings for your computer. Hundreds of factors are used create a profile that is unique to you. Your unique profile allows us to make decisions about whether the user conducting a given activity or transaction within your account is really you.
Q. How will this help prevent online fraud?
- A: You only need to complete the set-up process once; afterwards the new security system will work automatically. That means you are being protected every moment - when you are online and more importantly when you are not. Occasionally you will see this symbol to remind you that you are being protected:
Q. I already have anti-virus and a personal firewall. Why do I need this?
- A: If your login name and password are stolen, the fraudster would have to be able to answer your security questions correctly before being able to access your account or complete a fraudulent transaction. If the user is unable to provide this information or cannot be reached on the phone, the activity would be blocked. This added layer of security helps us protect your online account at all times.
Q. What other steps does CFSB take to ensure my funds are secure?
- A: We are glad to hear you use antivirus software and a personal firewall. Be sure that you keep both programs up-to-date for the best possible protection against viruses, Trojans, and hackers. This Multi-Factor Authentication security feature protects against other kinds of threats such as a stolen login name and password. It works with your other personal security programs as an added layer of security for your online banking transactions.
- A: CFSB only allows funds to be transferred to your external linked account. Your external linked account cannot be changed and new accounts cannot be added online. This eliminates any possible loss as a result of unauthorized account access.
Transactions and Account Activity
Q: What kind of transactions can I perform within Online Banking?
Q: How long does it take for my transactions to process?
- A: Within Online Banking it is possible to:
- View and Print Account History
- Review Account Balances
- Transfer funds between linked account used to fund the online savings account.
- Send secure messages to the customer service department.
Q: When do deposits start accruing interest and how long are they on hold?
- A:ACH transfers to your linked account can take up to 3 business days to complete.
Q: Do I receive a receipt for my transactions?
- A: Interest starts accruing on your deposit starting the next business day after being processed.
- ACH deposits into your CFSB savings account are held for 5 business days before those funds are available for withdrawal. For security reasons, your initial deposit can be held for up to 10 business days.
Q: How do I know if a transaction I made went through?
- A: No. You will not receive receipts for your transactions. However, because account information is updated daily, you are able to verify transactions by reviewing your account balance history.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of transactions I can perform?
- A: Account information is updated daily. This allows you to verify your transaction by reviewing your account history to see if it reflects that your transaction has been processed. All transactions will appear on your Colorado Federal Savings Bank E-statement as well.
Q: How current is my account information?
- A: Federal Regulation D requirements allow a maximum of six (6) withdrawals per monthly payment cycle on your online savings account. Exceeding this limit can result in fees and account closure. There are no limitations on deposits.
Q: Can I make a withdrawal with Online Banking?
- A: Your account information is updated daily.
Q: How do I close my account?
- A: Yes, you may schedule ACH withdrawals to your linked account in online banking. CFSB does not accept ACH transfers that are sent from other banks.
- A: Closure requests must be received through our secure message system. To access the secure message system you must first log into online banking. Next, click on the “Contact Us” link in the top menu bar. Complete and submit the secure message form on the following screen.
- You will receive a confirmation email when you closing transfer has been scheduled. Funds can only be sent to your external linked account by ACH. CFSB does not issue checks or send wires to close accounts.
Disclosures and Agreements